Summer is just around the corner! Come and join our Malvern Little Star’s Summer Camp, Malvern STEAM classes and Malvern Taekwondo classes, to ensure that your child has an enjoyable and fruitful holiday break.
Dates: July 8 - August 2, 2019
Malvern Little Star’s Summer Camp has two sessions:
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm session
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm session
This Summer Camp is a great opportunity for children to develop their communication and language skills. You can rest assured that your child will be in good hands; learning from teachers, coaches and experts while making new friends during this July Summer holiday break.
During the Summer Holiday Camp, students will be:
- Introduced to basic drama and stage performance concepts
- Developing better performance skills with emotional expression games
- Interacting in customized group activities
- Exploring thematic songs and rhymes that help to develop phonemic awareness
- Developing physical play and artwork to enhance fine and gross motor skills
- Medium of language is English
Malvern STEAM Class also has two sessions:
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm session
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm session
The class starts by giving pupils an introduction to robotics with a fun and ‘hands-on’ activity of building their own robot! The instructor will then introduce pupils to the actual programmable robots and coding missions, without requiring a computer screen. This has been specifically designed for Pre-School aged pupils. Pupils can build, programme, decorate and bring their own robots to life!
Learning Skills Developed:
- Focusing on the basic concept of building robotics
- Basic coding concept
- Development of logical thinking
- Basic robotics
- Coding concepts
- Fine motor skills
- Problem solving skills
- Logical thinking
- Collaboration development
Malvern Taekwondo Class has two sessions:
- 12:00 pm - 12:40 pm session
- 1:00 pm - 1:40 pm session
Taekwondo is a Korean martial art, characterized by its emphasis on head-height kicks, jumping and spinning kicks, and fast kicking techniques. There are many benefits for the pupil in learning Taekwondo. These include improving a child’s strength and balance. Taekwondo can also help improve coordination. Arm and leg muscles become stronger as a pupil practices strikes.
Learning Skills Developed:
- Physical Skill Development
- Discipline and Respect
- Positive energy
Image Credit: Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong
8 July - 2 August, See the website for the opening hours.
Malvern Little Star’s Summer Camp: 3900 HKD (Course Fee $3,900 per week)
Malvern STEAM Classes: 1300 HKD (Course Fee $1,300/week)
Malvern Taekwondo Class : 800 HKD (Course Fee $800/ week)
Units 9-12, Coronation Circle, 1 Yau Cheung Road, Southwest Kowloon, Hong Kong
How to get there?
By School Bus: We will cover residences near the Olympic, Austin, and Kowloon MTR stations, as well as Ho Man Tin, Kowloon Tong and Hung Hom.
By MTR: Yau Ma Tei and Austin MTR stations are 15 minutes’ walk from the school. Kowloon and Olympic stations are a short taxi ride away.
By Car: Hourly parking is available at the Coronation Circle