Hailed as "The Paganini of the trumpet", Sergei Nakariakov has established himself as one of the leading trumpet virtuosi in the world. In this much-anticipated return to Hong Kong and after his compulsory 21-day quarantine, he will perform in the first ever symphonic orchestral concert held at West Kowloon Cultural District's Xiqu Centre a stunning programme with Hong Kong Sinfonietta, which includes Tchaikovsky's Variations on a Rococo Theme (adapted for flugelhorn) and Arban's "The Carnival of Venice" (adapted for trumpet).
Tchaikovsky Eugene Onegin: Polonaise
Variations on a Rococo Theme, Op 33 (Adapted for Flugelhorn)
The Carnival of Venice
Symphony No 2 in C minor, Op 17, “Little Russian”
Music Director Emeritus/Conductor: Yip Wing-sie
Trumpet/Flugelhorn: Sergei Nakariakov
- Date: 4 May 2021 (Tuesday)
- Time: 8:00pm. Approximately 2 hours including an intermission of 15 minutes
- Venue: Grand Theatre, Xiqu Centre
- Tickets: $450, $320, $180. Concessions apply for all tickets/price categories
Half price for senior citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities and a companion, Wheelchair User and a companion, Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) recipients and full-time students. Ticket holders must present proof of eligibility on admission.
Discounts only apply to standard tickets bought in person at the Xiqu Centre or Freespace ticket office and other outlets, and upon presentation of valid membership cards:
Members of Fringe Club (10% off)
Members of Hong Kong Arts Administrators’ Association (10% off)
MOViE MOViE Member (10% off)
Group Booking Discounts:
10% discount for 4 or more standard tickets (single transaction)
Image Credit: West Kowloon Cultural District
Fee: $450, $320, $180: 0 HKD
+(852) 2200 0217
West Kowloon Cultural District, Tsim Sha Tsui Kowloon, HK
How to get there?
West Kowloon Cultural District is located at the Yau Tsim Mong District and is bounded by Canton road in the east, the Western Harbour Crossing entrance and Austin Road in the north and Victoria Harbour in the west and south.
Getting here is simple as it is easily accessible by MTR, ferry, bus and road.
- Exit from MTR Kowloon Station Exit E4 or E5, walk through Nga Cheung road and cross the footbridge, you will reach West Kowloon Cultural District within 10 minutes.
- Exit from MTR Austin Station Exit D2, followed by a 20-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District. However, due to road works around Austin Station, we strongly recommend you to choose other routes.
- KMB: Take bus route No. 215X, 261B, 281A or 215P and get off at the Austin Road West bus stops, followed by a 5-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District; for route No. 8, 11, 280X or 203E, get off at the Nga Cheung Road bus stops, followed by a 10-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District.
- Cross harbour bus (via Western Harbour Crossing): Take route No. 904, 905, 914, 930, 934, 935, 948,962B, 962X, 967, 968, 969, 970, 970X, 971or 973 and get off at the toll plaza bus stops of the Western Harbour Crossing, followed by a 5 - minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District.
- Green minibus: Take route No. 77M and get off at Austin Road West, followed by a 5-minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District; for route No. 26 or 74, get off at the Kowloon Station Public Transport Interchange, followed by a 15-minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District via MTR Kowloon Station or Lin Cheung Road.
- There is an hourly-rated carpark at the West Kowloon Cultural District. During the peak periods on weekends and holidays, visitors are suggested to use public transport or park your cars in nearby carparks (Kowloon MTR station or Elements).
- There is a designated drop-off point exclusively for taxies.