Choreographing multi-lingual identities and stories
Premiering this year as the opening programme of City Contemporary Dance Festival, Yuri Ng’s contemporary dance theatre piece Home Sweat Home bursts with storytelling and singing in a variety of languages: Cantonese, Teochew, Shanghainese, Thai, Australian English and more. This work is among Yuri Ng's first major projects in his new role as Artistic Director of CCDC.
Home Sweat Home is also part of “CCDC in Residence 2021”. Details of the festival programme line-up to be announced on www.westkowloon.hk.
Language: Includes dialogue in Cantonese, Teochew, Shanghainese, Thai and Australian English
- Creation and Direction: Yuri Ng
- Creation and Performance: CCDC Dance Artists
- Guest Creation and Performance: Anna Lo, Rick Lau
- Dramaturgy: Melissa Leung, Dong Yan
- Lighting Design: Lawmanray
Date and Time:
- 13, 18–20 November 2021 (Saturday, Thursday–Saturday) 7:30pm
- 14 November 2021 (Sunday) 3:00pm
The Box, Freespace,
Art Park, West Kowloon Cultural District (Getting to Freespace)
- 13–14, 19–20 November 2021 (Saturday–Sunday, Friday–Saturday) $320
- 18 November 2021 (Thursday) $270
Image Credit: West Kowloon Cultural District
13 November, 19:30
14 November, 15:00
18–20 November, 19:30.
Ticket (13–14, 19–20 Nov 2021): 320 HKD (18 November 2021 - HKD270)
The Box, Freespace