31 st HKTDC Hong Kong Book Fair opens on 15 July. Focus on inspirational and motivational reading, leisure activities
The 31 st HKTDC Hong Kong Book Fair, organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), will be held from 15 to 21 July (Wednesday to Tuesday) at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC). More than 730 exhibitors are expected to gather at the fair and the Hong Kong Sports and Leisure Expo, presenting a wide selection of books and activities over the week.
During the fair and the citywide Cultural July campaign, over 600 online and offline cultural events, catering to different interests and age groups, will be organised, including thematic exhibitions at the Art Gallery at the HKCEC, seminars hosted by acclaimed writers and celebrity storytelling sessions. Visitors can experience the joy of reading and interacting with authors as well as trying out the hottest new sports and leisure activities, helping to build both spiritual and physical strength.
- Thematic exhibition titled Words to Warm the Heart, at the Art Gallery outside Hall 3. The exhibition will introduce a number of inspirational authors and some of their selected works, including (in no particular order) A Nong, Cheng Kok-kong, Lee Chack-fan, Philemon Choi, Wu Yin-ching, Shirley Loo, Agnes Chan, Joseph Sung, Su Hei and Rap Chan. In addition, precious memorabilia provided by the authors will be displayed to help readers understand their creative journey from different perspectives. Items on display include calligraphy artworks, rare collectibles, lyric manuscripts, letters from readers that have seldom been seen before, and protective clothing used by frontline healthcare workers during the SARS outbreak.
- two exhibitions with the themes Cherished Memories of the Children’s Paradise and The Dragon Never Dies – Bruce Lee @80. The former exhibition displays rare copies of the popular kids’ magazine Children’s Paradise from different eras along with related items, while the latter, co-organised with the Bruce Lee Club, brings together Bruce Lee memorabilia from collectors.
Please visit www.hkbookfair.hktdc.com/en/Events/Event-Schedule.html for more details of the seminars.
The Sports and Leisure Expo will feature 10 themes including Refresh & Relax, a new section featuring a selection of the latest sports and wellness products. Free trials for esports racing simulators and new sports activities such as sport stacking will be offered by CHALLENGER Z-NTERTAINMENT LIMITED and the Hong Kong Sport Stacking Association respectively to provide participants with a taste of the excitement offered by different sporting activities. The expo will also feature numerous celebrity-sharing sessions and performances, featuring a star-studded roster of speakers and renowned athletes including Hong Kong badminton player Angus Ng and long-distance runner Christy Yiu, who will both share on their sporting journeys.
Highlighting the fun of different leisure activities, the expo will offer a series of handicraft, photography and table-top game workshops, including a card case and glass painting key chain workshop jointly presented by local handicraft fair LOCOLOCO and local craftspeople; a creative smartphone photography workshop run by Fotobeginner; and the KeyForge Challenge Competition presented by Capstone. In addition, an on-site lucky draw held during the expo will feature a range of great prizes sponsored by exhibitors including a Speed Stacks® Training set, sports backpacks and various sports and leisure products.
The HKTDC Education and Careers Expo and HKTDC Entrepreneur Day will be held from 16 to 19 July and 16 to 17 July respectively, running in parallel with the Book Fair. Providing a one-stop life-planning solution, these two events will offer youngsters, jobseekers and business starters a broad range of information related to education, employment, business opportunities and support. Admission to the two events is free of charge.
- 15-16 July: 10am-10pm (Level 1 & Level 3)
- 17-18 July: 10am-midnight (Level 1)
- 10am-11pm (Level 3)
- 19-20 July: 10am-10pm (Level 1 & Level 3)
- 15-20 July: 10am-8pm (Level 5)
- 21 July: 9am-5pm
Image Credit: Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC)
Adult ticket:: 25 港元
Child ticket (for primary school students/children under 1.22m tall): 10 港元 (* Children under 3 and adults over 65 will be admitted free of charge.)
+(852) 2584 4578
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Expo Drive, Wan Chai, Hong Kong