Discover new artists and enjoy Hong Kong’s best indie sounds at the February edition of Freespace Happening!
The mix of familiar favourites and fresh faces kicks off with singer-songwriter Narbi presenting original folk and blues. Jazz vocalist Vincy Chan returns with Vincy Chan & The Prototyke Lab, one of the projects featured on ‘Freespace Mixtape Vol. 1’ – which you can pick up on the day at the West Kowloon booth – and Stranded Whale, led by singer-songwriter Jabin Law and guitarist Tomii Chan, join Taiwanese instrumental group Cicada（Taiwan) for a collaborative new crossover of strings and urban folk.
Literature lovers curious about the future can visit The House of Hong Kong Literature’s fortune-telling booth for a glimpse of what lies ahead in the Year of the Dog. At the Big Circle, this season’s series of WE Dance wraps up with a marathon dance finale featuring ten-hours of showcases and workshops, plus an interactive performance choreographed especially for children under the age of three! And on the Sunset Lawn, the M+ Rover: Travelling Creative Studio returns for a pop-up visit with artist Ng Ka Chun, whose work invites you to rethink the purpose and meaning of ordinary objects.
You can also browse the handicraft stalls at regular Hoikokdaytan 2046 and Market ++ pop-up store. And, before you leave, don’t forget to drop in and say hi to furry friends from the Hong Kong Dog Rescue (HKDR).
So, grab you friends and family, download Freespace Happening App to make sure you’re up to date with what’s on, and head on over to the Nursery Park!
Registration applicable to selected workshops
Credit: Image of West Kowloon Cultural District
+(852) 2200 0217
West Kowloon Cultural District, Tsim Sha Tsui Kowloon, HK
West Kowloon Cultural District is located at the Yau Tsim Mong District and is bounded by Canton road in the east, the Western Harbour Crossing entrance and Austin Road in the north and Victoria Harbour in the west and south.
Getting here is simple as it is easily accessible by MTR, ferry, bus and road.
- Exit from MTR Kowloon Station Exit E4 or E5, walk through Nga Cheung road and cross the footbridge, you will reach West Kowloon Cultural District within 10 minutes.
- Exit from MTR Austin Station Exit D2, followed by a 20-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District. However, due to road works around Austin Station, we strongly recommend you to choose other routes.
- KMB: Take bus route No. 215X, 261B, 281A or 215P and get off at the Austin Road West bus stops, followed by a 5-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District; for route No. 8, 11, 280X or 203E, get off at the Nga Cheung Road bus stops, followed by a 10-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District.
- Cross harbour bus (via Western Harbour Crossing): Take route No. 904, 905, 914, 930, 934, 935, 948,962B, 962X, 967, 968, 969, 970, 970X, 971or 973 and get off at the toll plaza bus stops of the Western Harbour Crossing, followed by a 5 - minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District.
- Green minibus: Take route No. 77M and get off at Austin Road West, followed by a 5-minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District; for route No. 26 or 74, get off at the Kowloon Station Public Transport Interchange, followed by a 15-minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District via MTR Kowloon Station or Lin Cheung Road.
- There is an hourly-rated carpark at the West Kowloon Cultural District. During the peak periods on weekends and holidays, visitors are suggested to use public transport or park your cars in nearby carparks (Kowloon MTR station or Elements).
- There is a designated drop-off point exclusively for taxies.