We offer a progressive curriculum for our students’ coding journey with us!
Developed by the MIT Media Lab, Scratch is a child-friendly, block-based programming software for young imaginative minds to let them try programming for the first time. With the easier to use drag-and-drop interface students learn key computer science concepts such as sequences, loops, conditionals, and abstraction by building their own interactive stories, animations, or multimedia games on screen.
As part of Kodecoon Academy’s core curriculum, students will acquire the fundamentals of executive P.P.T.D (Planning, Programming, Testing, Debugging) while on this programming journey with Scratch. An approach essential in the development of games, or related applications, Scratch Coder programs offer opportunities to build a portfolio of games, necessary and vital for future advancement.
Through this program, students will:
Learn about computer science
- Gain an understanding of the fundamental concepts of computer science: variables, conditional statements, loops, Boolean statements, functions, and logical operators
- Use drag-and-drop programming to build commands for the game creation
Learn about computational and design thinking skills
- Acquire design thinking skills applied to game creation
- Acquire computational thinking skills through decomposition, abstraction, and algorithmic thinking in game development
- Practice soft skills needed for the future
- Enhance public speaking skills by learning to present your projects/solutions
Let us guide your child in discovering their talent in technology today!
Image Credit: Hommeet
11 May, 16:00–18:00
18 May, 16:00–18:00.
for 12 lessons: 860 SGD
16 Stirling Rd, Singapore 148957