Cultivating creative thinking from a young age is very important as a child will be able to learn and explore the different ways to look at things from various angles, and also help to spark ideas in them!
Join trainer Susan Amy as she takes your pre-schooler on a journey of "Dragons Don't Dance" from the book, First Steps from Phonics to Reading. Not only will Susan make things engaging for your child to encourage creative thinking, she will also be focusing on phonics too!
Your child will get to experience:
- Predicting a story from a picture
- Talking and discussing about dragons
- Following the story as read by Susan and the digital reader
- Completing phonic pre- and post-reading activities
- Constructing a simple model of a monster and colouring it in
- Presenting their monster that has been put together and telling its story
What your child will require during class
Activities will be hands on and interactive. To get involved, students need to have the following:
- Colour pencils or pens
- Worksheets provided and printed out on coloured A4 paper (100gm is best)
- Brass pins or similar such as paper clips to attach the dragon head, legs and wings to the body
- String to hang your dragon up or make it move
For K1s only. Parents are encouraged to join.
The workshop will be conducted online. Materials will be made available prior to the session for printing.
USE PROMOCODE TIKI10 to enjoy 10% savings
Image Credit: Marshall Cavendish Education
Registration required: 50 SGD
+65 6213 9300