Balestier Walking Magic Tour is an outdoor theatrical magic experience in which you get to:
- Learn about the history of Balestier Road.
- Experience the close-up magic of Mr Bottle like never before.
- Hear amazing stories of Balestier told in a different way.
- Play Games, and solve riddles as well as puzzles along the way.
Suitable for the young and old.
Details of the Balestier Walking Tour:
- Dates: Selected Dates (Please refer to the dates when booking)
- Time: 4-6:30pm
- Meeting Point: Value Hotel Thomson
$50 Normal Ticket: $38/pax (inclusive of drink and snack) or
- Premium Ticket: $48/pax (inclusive of drink and snack as well as 2 easy-to-perform magic tricks: Singapore Food Game Magic Trick as well as Ring and Chain Magic.)
- VIP Ticket: $82/pax (inclusive of drinks, snacks, Mr Bottle's magic set and 2 easy-to-perform magic tricks: Singapore Food Game Magic Trick as well as a Ring and Chain Magic.)
Minimum 6 pax to start the tour. We reserve the right to postpone the tour in case we do not have minimum numbers.
Limited tickets are available! Buy now to avoid disappointment!
Hidden Secrets of Magical Balestier
Mr Bottle is bringing you on an outdoor theatrical magical journey to the heritage trail of Balestier to discover places you never knew about!
This tour will be an immersive experience in this interactive and fun tour in which you will experience the magic and much more:
- Magic Show - Mr Bottle will perform his award-winning magic weaved into stories of the Balestier trail.
- Many other interactive elements - Win prizes by solving the riddles and puzzles along the way.
- Fun stories - Discover stories and facts you never knew about Balestier and their secrets.
- Food Tasting - Learn about the amazing food and its history in Balestier.
- Disappearing trades - Visit 5 of the heritage shops in Singapore!
Our tours have received rave reviews from the young and old because of the interactivity:
Highlights of Mr Bottle's outdoor theatrical magic experience
- At the water kiosk, Mr Bottle not only introduces this unique water point but also plays a guessing game with the participants. Why? He wanted to use the game to bring across how drinking water was scarce then and not easily available since the audience could never find the correct cup with the water.
- When participants are brought to the site when the Hiap Chuan Joo sawmill, they are handed small crates, which are puzzles they have to solve to open for prizes.
- At Balestier Point, Mr Bottle made a mini-figurine of Moshi Safdie appear in a box constructed out of Lego to inform how the mixed-development building was inspired by the famous architect’s project of Habitat ’67 in Montreal. Mr Bottle ends the tour appropriately, “Like the Whampoa Dragon which survived the development of Singapore and the CTE, I also hope to show to children and everyone that the mindset of resilience is important to do the impossible.”
This Outdoor Theatrical Magic Experience is available for private booking:
Gather your own colleagues, friends and family to enjoy your very own private outdoor theatrical magic experience. You can choose your own time and date suitable for all your guests. We can even customise this with your preferred duration. This tour is suitable for:
- Companies looking at a fun and healthy experience.
- teambuilding activity in which teams compete against each other to solve the riddles. We can also incorporate our magic workshops into this tour.
- Schools looking at a fun way to learn history.
- Hotels that are looking to partner with us for a unique experience for their guests.
- Birthday parties.
*Maximum of 50 pax is allowed for such an experience for SMM guidelines but we are currently keeping it to 20-25 pax due to space constrain at selected venues. Customisation is required for 25pax or more. Whatsapp us for more information and price.
How was this Balestier Walking Magic Tour created?
This is the first Magic Tour in Singapore, and possibly in Asia, conceptualised by Mr Bottle. He has since created another walking tour with Sentosa.
Mr Bottle had an idea of marrying two of his passions, magic and travelling, more than a decade ago. He wanted to create family-friendly tours using magic, games and other activities. However, when he approached several outbound tour companies then, he hit a dead end.
Not about to give up, he re-designed the concept with local sights in 2020 and the Hidden Secrets of Magical Balestier is born!
We can also customise a unique concept for your lessons or tours too.
About Mr Bottle
Mr Bottle has been performing and teaching magic for the past 22 years. With his experience of performing for kids all over the world, he applied magic and his experience in working with children in many fields like education, the hotel industry and of course, events.
He has taught teachers how to make lessons fun and use magic to teach children life values like empathy and resilience. He has developed creative shows like science shows infused with magic.
Images Credit: Mr Bottle's Kids Party
Normal Ticket (inclusive of snack and drink): 38 SGD (Indicate your preferred date: 10 June, 24 June, 8 July or 9 Sep when checking out or by emailing us)
Premium Ticket (inclusive of drink and snack as well as 2 easy-to-perform magic tricks: Singapore Food Game Magic Trick as well as Ring and Chain Magic.): 48 SGD (Indicate your preferred date: 10 June, 24 June, 8 July or 9 Sep when checking out or by emailing us)
VIP Ticket: $82/pax (inclusive of drinks, snacks, Mr Bottle's magic set and 2 easy-to-perform magic tricks: Singapore Food Game Magic Trick as well as a Ring and Chain Magic.): 82 SGD (Indicate your preferred date: 10 June, 24 June, 8 July or 9 Sep when checking out or by emailing us)
+65 9739 7503
Foyer of Value Hotel, Singapore 329901
How to get there?
The nearest MRT is Novena (12min's walk to the meeting point)
Street parking is available at Value Hotel and the HDB opposite. However, the endpoint is at Whampoa Market so if you choose to park at the former, you may need to go back to get your vehicle.
There are many buses servicing that area.
One of the landmarks is at Thomson Medical Centre