Tanglin Trust School Singapore has a long tradition of providing British-based learning with an international perspective.
They aspire to be the best school in the world with a dynamic learning community which nurtures and inspires every individual to be the best they can be.
The Infant School is committed to ensuring that our children embark on their learning journey in an environment that provides stimulating and exciting experiences, and where the strong pastoral ethos helps the children feel safe, secure and happy to learn.
The acquisition of skills and knowledge in a vibrant learning environment is at the heart of the Early Years Foundation Stage (Nursery & Reception) curriculum in the Infant School. Curriculum planning, delivery and assessment reflect all seven areas of learning and development. Within the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, there is flexibility to respond to and encourage the children's interests and curiosity. The continuous provision approach sees the classrooms and shared areas of the units full of stimulating resources which engage the children from the moment that they walk through the door in the morning.
The Prime Areas of Learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development.
- Physical Development.
- Communication and Language
The Specific Areas of Learning:
- Understanding the World.
- Expressive Art and Design.
In Key Stage One (Years 1 and 2), they aim to provide exciting opportunities which will stimulate the children’s desire to be independent learners and internationally minded individuals. Through the provision of a creative curriculum delivered through a range of themes over the course of the year, children are encouraged to follow their own interests and work towards achieving the learning objectives as defined in the English National Curriculum.
In Year 1 the themes are:
- 'X' Marks the Spot, which has a humanities theme.
- Time Traveller, which has a history focus, learning about aspects of the past.
- Once Upon a Time, looking at traditional tales, including a science focus on materials.
- Wild and Wonderful, in which we explore plants and growing, integrated with fantasy stories.
- Up, Up and Away, which has an international flavour, exploring geographical concepts.
In Year 2 the themes are:
- Extraordinary Lives which has a science and geography focus, learning about climates around the world, habitats and the living things that are found there.
- Twisted Tales, which has a literacy and drama focus, looking at alternative versions of traditional tales, including characters, settings and themes.
- Material World with its science, art and design technology focus.
- Islands of Fire with its geography focus, studying volcanic islands around the world, finding their location and what life is like there.
- New Beginnings topic, as they prepare the children for their transition into Year 3.
Credit: image of Tanglin Trust School
+65 6770 3135
95 Portsdown Rd Queenstown Singapore 139299