Back in the old days of China, seals were symbols of authority and power.
These pocket-size stamps were used exclusively by the government to signify the importance of a document and the owner. Only the most talented craftsmen were trained to carve intricate Chinese characters into seals, a specialization that built seal carving schools throughout the country.
But today, the once mysterious traditional art form can now be learned through an hour-long workshop at Aura Art in Hong Kong. Gain basic skills with the help of an expert tutor in just a short amount of time and be able to create your own right after the class. Learn the use of each and every tool laid out on your table - all of which you can use for as long as you want. Follow a simple pattern on a sample by watching your tutor's step-by-step demonstration. Once you get the hang of it, you can now chisel away and recreate a Chinese character you like. End the class with your finished product that will serve well as a great souvenir of your Hong Kong trip.
- Friday: 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm / 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Saturday: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- This activity is only available every Friday and Saturday
- Beginners and skillful artists are welcome to participate
- This activity is recommended for participants aged 4+
- The studio cannot accommodate wheelchairs due to limited space
- This class requires a certain level of hand motor skills
Image Credit: Klook
星期五 17:00–19:30, 星期六 19:00–20:30.
1.5 Hour Seal Carving Workshop: 522 港元
2/F, 18 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Alight from Causeway Bay MTR Station Exit A and walk for 2 minutes. Please look for a 7-Eleven with a nearby stairwell and proceed upstairs.