In support of the World Book Day on 23 April, D Mind & the Prince has designed a series of children and parents activities with an aim to foster children’s interest in reading. The activities are based on the picture book The Magic Maker of Oz, a rewrite of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with a new twist.
Theme-based activity for children
Apart from sharing the story of The Magic Maker of Oz, our Native English-speaking teacher (NET) will also lead children to experience some famous scenes in the story through engaging activities. Moreover, children will have a chance to use their creativity and simple STEAM knowledge to make and decorate a hot air balloon like the one in the story.
- Date: 17, 18, 24 and 25 April (Saturday and Sunday)
- Venue: B243, Level B2, K11 MUSEA, Tsim Sha Tsui
Time slots\ Age group
- 10:30am – 11:45am (Not applicable to 18 April) - 1-2 years old
- 12:00 noon – 1:15pm - 2-3.5 years old
- 2:30pm – 3:45pm - 1-2 years old
- 4:00pm – 5:15pm - 2-3.5 years old
Children aged 2 or below must be accompanied by not more than 1 parent throughout the
Activity fee (per children):
- Listed price: $400
- D Mind & the Prince members: $150
- Member’s companion: $180
- Non-members: $200
Gift: The Magic Maker of Oz Activity Book (while stocks last)
Registration deadline: 13 April
- Free webinars for parents
Shared reading is the best way to motivate children to read. In this series of webinars, D Mind & the Prince has invited world-renowned writers to share with parents how they created their picture books. In addition, experts in early education will provide tips on effective shared reading with children.
* The webinar will be conducted in Cantonese and English through the Zoom platform.
The first webinar
- Picture Book: The Magic Maker of Oz (a rewrite of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
- Date: 10 April (Sat)
- Time: 10:30am – 11:30am
• Ms Marie Fortune (World-renowned award-winning writer, children’s book writer,
author of D Mind & the Prince picture book)
• Mrs Jacqueline McNalty (Founding Principal of Malvern
College Pre-school Hong Kong)
• Ms Jessica Mellen (NET, tutor of children’s musicals,
performing arts and storytelling presentation)
The second webinar
- Picture Book: Naughty Puck (a rewrite of A Midsummer Night’s Dream)
- Date: 15 May (Sat)
- Time: 10:30am – 11:30am
• Professor David Crystal (The world’s foremost linguist on the English language with
over 100 books published on the English language and linguistics, D Mind & the
Prince writer and consultant)
• Ms Jessica Mellen (NET, tutor of children’s musicals, performing arts and storytelling
The third and fourth webinars will be held in June and July respectively. Stay tuned to the D
Mind & the Prince Facebook page and website!
15 五月, 瀏覽這個網站查看開放時間.
B243, Level B2, K11 MUSEA, Tsim Sha Tsui