Musically Focused Infant-toddler music program for 6 months to 2 years old
- Live Violin Music Every Class
- 24 Musical Activities/Songs every class
- Children make music – singing, dancing, playing percussion
- Experienced and trained teachers
- Develops English Language & Social Skills.
- Classical English Nursery Rhymes.
- Lots of Movement & Freedom to be Creative!
- CD for home listening & support for parents to learn song lyrics.
- Parents Participate too!
- No musical experience or instruments needed.
Class Limit of 12.
- Occasional Special Performances by young violinists in class.
- 2 concerts per year in which the STEP 1 students and parents perform!
- Certificate of Participation and Teacher Note upon request!
- Certificate of Participation once at least 36 weeks are completed.
- 1st STEP of the 3-STEP Suzuki Family Music Program!
- Those who have completed STEP 1 are given priority for entering STEP 2 Pre-Violin and then STEP 3 Violin & Viola
- Open Classes: Tuesdays 1030am, and 2pm, or Saturdays at 10:30.
- 55-min weekly class
- 36-weeks per year, two 18-week terms
Twinkle Toes classes are based on the Suzuki Early Childhood Music Education (SECE) developed by Dr. Shinichi Suzuki of Japan and Dorothy Jones of Canada.
Dr. Suzuki observed that children learn from the environment around them, and have an incredible ability to acquire complex skills such as language and music. He advocated introducing children into a music-making community so that they will learn a love of music and be supported in their musical journey.
The seven fundamental concepts of the Suzuki philosophy are:
- Every Child Can Learn
- Ability Develops Early
- Success Breeds Success
- Environment Nurtures Growth
- Children Learn from Each Other
- Parental Involvement is Critical
- Encouragement is Essential
Benefits of Step 1
Each participant (including parents!) enjoy learning new and exciting skills.
Small children love repetition and feel safe in knowing what will come next. The set order of the songs helps children develop patience and self-discipline to wait their turn.
Story time at the end of each class promotes literacy and interest in reading.
- Enjoyment in Repetition:
Just like learning to walk or talk, children thrive on repeating the songs and actions until they are mastered.
- Learn to Listen:
Children learn to become active and discerning listeners through these songs. These skills are appreciated by parents and educators alike when the student is older.
- Singing and Movement:
Young children learn about their environment primarily through movement. Activities are designed with this in mind. Singing is a wonderful community activity and is the best way to develop a musical ear.
- Sense of rhythm:
Many activities encourage a steady beat and children learn early, by imitating their parents, and then learn to keep a beat on their own.
There is a great emphasis on counting in activities and students may learn to count in several languages (depending on the diversity of the class).
- Learning to interact with the teacher:
There are many non-threatening opportunities for the child to willingly go to the teacher to perform a desired activity. This promotes independence and willingness to learn.
- Socialization through music:
All over the world music is a social activity and children in this class learn to love music and make friends from the beginning.Each child has a turn with the drum or other instrument, and the students enjoy watching their peers and waiting for their turn! Parents enjoy watching the development of all children in the class.
The class includes:
- Creative movement
- Counting in multiple languages
- Basic musical concepts
- Story time
- Free time with the other children
- Keepsake journal for parents
STEP 1: also develops important life skills such as:
- Learning to approach a teacher
- Taking directions from teacher
- Taking Turns
- Confidence in performing short, age appropriate solos
- Following a group
- Learning from other children
- Learning by observation and experimentation
Register now here!
Image Credit: Hong Kong Suzuki Music Institute
星期二 10:30–14:55, 星期六 10:30–11:25.
Per Class : 300 港元
+(852) 3956 4865
+(852) 5500 1528 (Whatsapp)
+(852) 5500 1528 (WeChat)
Suite 1107-1108, 11th Floor, Pacific Plaza, 410 Des Voeux Road West Kennedy Town, Hong Kong Hong Kong