This session will be focusing on the IBDP program (International Baccalaureate Diploma Program).
The IBDP program officially begins for students in Grade 11. However, there is a lot of preparation before Grade 11 to ensure both acceptance and success in this academically rigorous program. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the mission and values of the IB and how these are expressed at Stamford. The session will also include a brief overview of the middle school and high school curriculum and how it prepares your child for the IBDP program.
When deciding if the IBDP is right for your child, there are many considerations to take into account beyond academics, and understanding the program as well as the entry requirements is an essential first step.
Mr. Galligan, our Academic Coordinator, will guide you through the core elements of the IBDP and what is expected of students before and after acceptance into the program, as well as post-graduation paths.
The session will cover:
- A broad overview of the IBDP
- Academic and non-academic requirements for entry
- Required courses and electives
- Skills needed for students to be successful in the program
- IB Learner Profile Attributes
- Tips for parents to help prepare their child for the IBDP program
- Learning that supports IB entry
- What can parents expect after graduation
This session is open to all parents who want to learn more about the IBDP program and how they can help prepare their child(ren) for this program.
Image Credit: Stamford American School Hong Kong
+(852) 2500 8688
25 Man Fuk Road, Ho Man Tin, Kowloon, Hong Kong