10 Enrichment Classes for Babies and Toddlers in Singapore
Published 15 May 2019 at 15:42
You might be wondering what your little baby could need more than the mom's permanent presence and mom's endless love to her tiny tot? But we all are aware of the fact that this stage of baby's life is essential and there are plenty of ways to enhance your infant's development with the help of various classes from music, dance, art to swimming, yoga, education and play, etc. And needless to say, there are also parent-child bonding classes and workshops you could try with your baby. Check out the list and find the classes that are prepared namely for Singapore babies and toddlers.
Image Credit: Our Music Studio Pte Ltd (OMS)
Located at the mouth of the prime Orchard Road shopping district, Our Music Studio Pte Ltd (OMS) runs music-and-movement programs for young children in Singapore. It was started in May 2012 by 7 ladies who have a total number of 118 years of experience in teaching music and movement. Their approach is based on Orff Schulwerk, Emile Jacques Dalcroze & Kodaly pedagogies. Many of the OMS teachers are qualified musicians, composers & music arrangers with a passion in imparting the joy of learning music to the young ones.
The music programs offered at the music studio:
- Musical Babes (Newborns to 1½ years)
When: (Mon 10 am, Tue 2.15 pm, Wed 2.30 pm, Sat 9.30 am)
- Young Musical Babes (4 to 11 months)
When : Thur 9.30 am, Fri10.30 am, Sun 2 pm
- Rhythmic Tots (18 months to 3 years old)
- Melodic Kids (3 to 4.5 years old)
- Young Musicians (41/2 to 6 years)
- Octaves (Outpost programs for nurseries, kindergartens & child-care centers)
- Play Dates (Friends come together with their children for a session of musical activities)
- Holiday Camps
Image Credit: The Tot's Classroom
Learn & pick up skills – the fun way that your child loves! At The Tots’ Classroom, they nurture a complete child by maximizing their opportunities to develop the skills as their mind awakens and becomes receptive to each type of ability as they grow. The programme seeks to maximize the child’s learning during each developmental stage when they are at the most receptive point.
The teachers at The Tot's Classroom are firm believers in nurturing, developing security, building safe relationships, and of course, play! Every teacher spends time in getting to know you and your child and work towards a great headstart for early learning experiences together with you.
- Free trial class available
- S$150* Monthly (Weekend); S$325* Monthly (Weekday, Twice/Week)
Age group: Start from 15 months old
Location: 531, Bedok North Street 3 #01-704, Singapore 460531
Image Credit: Juzmusic Academy
Juzmusic Academy has been in operation in the Marine Parade area since 2006. This music school is guided by the vision that music can and must be made exciting, enriching and enjoyable. “Every Child Can Learn,” and they encourage students to trust in their abilities and help them overcome obstacles in their music lessons.
The early childhood music curriculum of Juzmusic Academy uses a multi-sensory approach which involves singing, playing, moving, listening and watching. The young musicians are gradually exposed and trained in the areas of performance, theory, aural (i.e. ear training), singing, composition etc. These skills prepare them with a strong foundation for formal music education (e.g. piano, violin, guitar, cello etc).
- Junior Discovery (0-4 years old)
- Junior Playtime (2.5-4 years old)
- Junior Musician (4-6 years old, Learning both piano and violin)
- Suzuki Piano/ Violin (5 years old and up)
Contact details: +65 63444420; email@example.com
Age Group: 0 - 6 years old
Location: 1 Marine Parade Central, #09-04, Parkway Centre, Singapore 449408
Image Credit: HAHA Chinese
The toddler class at HAHA Chinese is a play-centered, student-centric programme that will let the student learn Mandarin Chinese in a fun and immersive environment. Reggio Emilia inspired, this programme aims to use experiential learning, hands on approach to encourage the child to fully enjoy learning whilst picking up Chinese. Furthermore, the small class with a size of less than 6 children will ensure that every child gets sufficient attention from the teacher. Parents and helpers are welcome to join the class.
A 1-hour class will include:
- Music and movement will encourage children to follow instructions through fun activities.
- Sensory play facilitates exploration and naturally encourage children to learn while they play, create, investigate and explore.
- Guided Play is where students get to play in a safe space while the teacher speaks to them in Chinese, creating an environment for language acquisition.
Fees: From $45 per hour session
When: Monday to Fridays, 9.30am - 10.30am/ 10.45am to 11.45am
Age group: 12 to 30 months
Contact details: +65 88144804; firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 228A River Valley Road, Fort Canning MRT Station Exit B
Image Credit: Centre Stage School of the Arts Pte Ltd
Out of the Box is a play-based learning environment for children aged 2 to 4 years, that runs on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday Mornings at Centre Stage, Portsdown Road, as well as Tuesday and Thursday at the East Coast Centre (Laguna Park, Marine Parade Road) The carefully planned curriculum of the school uses ‘play’ as its mode of delivery… working at what children do best, the specialised Arts and Early Years teachers utilise Dramatic Play, Dance, Music Making, Singing, Art Making, Puppetry, Free Play and Environmental Play to nurture the development of important life skills.
Perfect for children who are ready for a step into greater independence, but not quite ready for full-time nursery! What is unique about this programme, is that as a Performing & Creative Arts School in it’s own right, Centre Stage uses the specialist arts teachers at their disposal to run guest sessions in Drama, Music and Movement each day!
Testimonial: “Both our children have attended Out of the Box; our eldest has been attending since it began. We love the creative play, music and especially drama, all of which give the children all the tools they need for pretend play. The teachers are amazing and use a child-led and discovery-based approach to learning, which we love. We couldn’t be happier with Out of the Box and highly recommend it to parents looking for a creative-play-based curriculum.” – Josi Langhorne, Australian; Thomas (4) and Hizikias (2)
When: Tue, Wed, Thur & Fri, 9am - 12pm for 3 hours each day
Cost: $90 for 3 hours
Age Group: children aged 2 – 4
- Main: Portsdown Road: Block 15 Woking Road
Contact Details: +65 6732 7211
- East: #01-32 Laguna Park, 5000G Marine Parade Road
Contact Details: +65 6449 6211
Image Credit: Beila
- Beila Tots for 6 to 18 months: nurturing security and attachment, where babies will stimulate imagination by exposing children to age-appropriate Mandarin language and songs through Story Time and Music Time, build sensory abilities through fun art & craft and discovery activities.
- Beila Kids for 18 to 36 months: fostering self-control and independence which catches the eye of parents with its hands-on activities, different environments with Magic box time and work on hand-eye coordination.
- Beila Weekends (18 months – 5 years old): role-modelling where young students will experience Mandarin in a fun way through a weekend READ + CREATE + PLAY curriculum. Background in Mandarin is not required.
Image Credit: MoovSwim
Image Credit: Dance At The Difference
Baby Boppers is a wonderful introductory class to rhythm, music and movement for both your and your little bopper. A fantastic bonding class, offering a gentle eye-opener to dance and music, as well an opportunity for social interaction between our little boppers.
When: Thu 11.00 am–12:15pm
- Baby Boppers - Crawlers (11.00 am - 11.30 am)
- Baby Boppers Walkers (11.45am - 11.30 am)
Age Group: from 7 months to 7 years old
Location: 203A Thomson Rd, Goldhill Centre, Singapore 307638
Image Credit: Tiny Movements Co
As a certified children's yoga teacher, an artist, and a Montessori mom, Cheryl believes that freedom of movement makes for creative and independent young children. When Cheryl discovered Wobbel Yoga in 2017, she was convinced that wobbel board + yoga could help unleash children's potential to imagine and create. The approach of Tiny Movements Co is to combine children’s yoga with the Wobbel Board - a curved wooden board that accentuates movement - to unite both mind and body. She founded Tiny Movements Co. in hope of giving all kids in Singapore access to the benefits of Wobbel Yoga.
When: Sat 8.30am –9:15am
Age Group: 2 years old and above
Location: Tiny Movements Co., Holland Road Singapore