The Cost Breakdown: Investing In A Home Tennis Court For Family Fun
Published 19 October 2023 at 09:15
Tickikids Blog Dubai > The Cost Breakdown: Investing In A Home Tennis Court For Family Fun
Imagine having a tennis court in your backyard. With an at-home tennis court, you could play tennis with your family and friends whenever you wanted, without having to worry about paying court fees or dealing with other people.
But how much does it cost to build a home tennis court? And what are the ongoing maintenance costs? Worry not for this post will break down the costs of investing in a home tennis court so that you can make an informed decision when hiring tennis court resurfacing company. Read on to learn more.
The Cost of Building a Home Tennis Court
The cost of building a home tennis court will vary depending on a number of factors, including the size of the court, the type of surface, and the location. Nonetheless, you can expect to pay anywhere from USD$20,000 to USD$100,000 or more for a new tennis court.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the major costs involved in building a home tennis court:
- Materials: The cost of materials will vary depending on the type of surface you choose. For example, asphalt and concrete courts are less expensive than clay courts.
- Labor: The cost of labor will also vary depending on your location. In general, you can expect to pay more for labor in urban areas than in rural areas.
- Permits: You may need to obtain a permit from your local municipality before you can start construction. The cost of the permit will vary depending on your location.
Ongoing Maintenance Costs Of An At-Home Tennis Court
Once your tennis court is built, you'll need to budget for ongoing maintenance costs. These costs will include things like resurfacing, cleaning, and repairs.
The cost of resurfacing a tennis court will depend on the type of surface you have. Asphalt and concrete courts typically need to be resurfaced every 5-10 years, while clay courts typically need to be resurfaced every 2-3 years. The cost to resurface tennis court can range from USD$5,000 to USD$20,000 or more.
Cleaning and repairs are ongoing maintenance costs as well. You'll need to clean your tennis court regularly to remove dirt, leaves, and other debris. In addition, you may need to make repairs to the court from time to time, such as fixing cracks or replacing nets.
The Benefits Of Having A Home Tennis Court
There are many benefits to having a home tennis court. Here are just a few:
- More family time: Having a home tennis court is a great way to spend time with your family and friends.
- Improved health and fitness: Tennis is a great way to get exercise. It’s a low-impact sport that’s easy on your joints. Playing tennis can also help you improve your cardiovascular health, strength, and agility.
- Reduced stress: Tennis is a physically and mentally challenging activity that can help you take your mind off of your worries.
- Increased property value: A home tennis court can add value to your property. In fact, studies have shown that homes with tennis courts sell for more money than homes without tennis courts.
Is A Home Tennis Court A Good Investment?
Whether or not a home tennis court is a good investment for you will depend on your individual circumstances. If you can afford the upfront cost and the ongoing maintenance costs, then a home tennis court can be a great way to improve your family’s life.
Nevertheless, it’s important to weigh the costs and benefits carefully before you make a decision. If you’re not sure whether or not a home tennis court is right for you, then it’s a good idea to talk to a financial advisor or realtor.
Tennis Court Resurfacing
As mentioned above, the cost of resurfacing a tennis court will at-home court vary depending on the type of surface you have. Asphalt and concrete courts typically need to be resurfaced every 5-10 years, while clay courts typically need to be resurfaced every 2-3 years.
If you’re considering resurfacing your tennis court, it’s important to get quotes from multiple tennis court resurfacing companies. Be sure to compare the prices, services, and warranties offered by each company before you make a decision.
Tips For Maintaining Your Home Tennis Court
Once your at-home tennis court is resurfaced, there are a few things you can do to keep it in good condition:
- Clean the court regularly: Sweep or mop regularly to remove dirt, leaves, and other debris.
- Repair any cracks or holes: If you notice any cracks or holes in the court, repair them immediately. This will prevent the damage from getting worse.
- Resurface the court every few years: Depending on the type of surface you have, you’ll need to resurface the court every few years. This will help to keep the court in good condition and prevent it from becoming slippery.
How To Choose A Tennis Court Resurfacing Company
When choosing a tennis court resurfacing company, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Experience: The company should have experience resurfacing tennis courts. Ask for references and check to see if the company is licensed and insured.
- Reputation: The company should have a good reputation. Read online reviews and ask for recommendations from friends, family, and neighbors.
- Price: Get quotes from multiple companies before making a decision. Be sure to compare the prices, services, and warranties offered by each company.
- Warranty: The company should offer a warranty on their work. This will protect you in case there are any problems with the resurfacing job.
A home tennis court can be a great investment for families who love to play tennis. On the other hand, it’s important to weigh the costs and benefits carefully before you make a decision. If you can afford the upfront cost and the ongoing maintenance costs, then a home tennis court can be a great way to improve your family’s life.