This four hour workshop will help you and your partner prepare for life with your new baby and give you confidence to embrace the changes ahead.
We will cover the early hours and days, so that you are able to make care choices from as early as birth. Sarah will ensure you are confident and ready to care for your new baby at home, making this very special time as calm and enjoyable as possible.
- Birth - the importance of early contact with parents and how to make this easier
- Newborn in hospital - which procedures, tests and vaccines are offered, what they mean for your child
- Breastfeeding - how the breastfeeding relationship works, ways to ensure a good start, positioning and optimum latch, how to know if breastfeeding is going well, troubleshooting if things are becoming difficult
- The fourth trimester - transition from the womb, expectations of your newborn’s behaviour, what ‘sleeping like a baby’ really looks like, ways to calm and soothe your little one
- Care of your newborn - skincare, nappy changing, bathing, swaddling, safe sleeping
- Care of the postnatal relationship - changes and challenges which couples commonly encounter (including lack of sleep!), ways to cope with the transition to parenthood
This course is led by Sarah Smith - an experienced UK Midwife, Childbirth Educator, Lactation Support and Baby Massage Instructor.
Image Credit: Bodytree Studio
08 February, 09:00–13:00.
Investment: 475 AED
+971 2 443 4448
Corner of 11th & 26th St , Khalidiyah, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates