If you are the parent of a Teenager then you know this is a time in your child's life when they will start to be influenced by their Peers and people other than you.
It is a vital time to retain the connection you have with your child in order to continue to provide the support and guidance as they make important choices in life and move into adulthood - but how do you do this?
This course consists of 5 Workshops which are held on consecutive Wednesday's starting on February 21st, 28th and March 7th, 14th and 21st. Each session runs for 2.5 hours from 9am to 11.30am and provides an interactive way of learning how to be a Mindful Parent and how this builds a life long positive relationship with your Teenager.
As well as learning about the value of Mindful Parenting and how you can use this to make your job as a parent easier and less stressful you will also learn how to connect with your Teenager and what is happening with their bodies and brains during this time. Also cover the following will ve covered:
- Social and emotional development
- The power of listening
- How to use empathy to support your Teen's emotional growth
- Teaching Teens how to co-operate
- Solving problems with your Teen
- Setting and maintaining boundaries
- Building self-esteem and resilience
- Using effective praise
- Building a strong relationship with your Teenager
- Using Mindful Parenting techniques to teach life Skills, eg Personal safety, including Internet saftey, Critical thinking skills, working as a Team, intrinsic motivation and body image
- How to support the transition from to adolescent to adult
- How to identify and help your Teen manage stress (academic and personal)
The full cost of the Workshop is payable in advance when you register for your place. Email on firstname.lastname@example.org to register for your place.
Credit: images of Joanne Jewell - Mindful Parenting UAE
Full cost of the workshop: 1700 AED
Babies & Beyond, Concord Tower, Dubai Media City, Dubai