Faust International Youth Theatre was formed in 1999 and aims to bring the wonderful world of theatre, performing arts and creativity to the young people of Hong Kong. Our aim is to provide challenging and creative workshops that engage our students in the world of theatre and performing arts using Faust’s Learning Outcomes (FLO) as the basis for our work.
As we strive to work together and perform together we operate from the following fundamental values:
- Creativity and Expression: Igniting the imagination and encouraging a flow of ideas and expressions from our students in a positive and constructive way.
- Develop the Individual: Valuing each student as an individual, giving the child space in our workshops to have fun, to learn and to grow at a pace that challenges them.
- Teamwork and Leadership: Promoting interaction with peers with respect, support and trust, giving all an opportunity to take their group forward with their ideas and knowledge.
- Confidence Building: Bringing forth a student’s natural abilities, developing their confidence and helping them handle themselves with grace and ease.
- Enjoyment of Learning: Approaching theatre knowledge and creative skills with focus, fun and laughter.
- Quality: Surpassing expectations and producing work that our students and leaders are proud of.
- Empathy: Viewing the world from another persons' perspective without judgement and building our members emotional intelligence through the use of imagination.
- Faust Learning Outcomes: Imparting knowledge, skills and values specific to the practice and theory of drama, giving students the tools needed for further study and practice in the field.
- Faust introduces our students to a world of theatre and creativity, guiding them in developing their performance skills, theatre knowledge, teamwork, individual expression and confidence. Faust enriches the creative world of our students and imparts on them a colourful and positive approach to learning.
Image Credit: Faust International Youth Theatre
Midsummer Night's Dream: Professional English Drama Performed by Children
+(852) 2547 9114
5/F, Nan Dao Commercial Building, 359 & 361 Queen's Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong