Two of the UAE’s go-to institutions for all things parenting have teamed up to unlock the secrets to a good night’s sleep, inviting families with young children to attend a series of free workshops, discussions and activities from Sunday February 10th to Saturday February 16th.
Natural-focused baby and lifestyle retailer, Eggs & Soldiers, and all-round parent support centre, Malaak Mama & Baby Care are neighbouring businesses based at Times Square Center Dubai and both share the same driving passion to educate, inform and update new and long-term parents and caregivers of how to simplify and enhance the crucial first years of a child’s life.
The teams have combined their own extensive knowledge, as well as bringing together local experts and ambassadors to create the schedule below.
Each day, guests can sample sweet treats from Tom & Serg and will receive a gift from La Roche Posay. Malaak Angels will also be on hand to supervise children in a dedicated play area throughout the events, leaving parents able to absorb the valuable insight and information being provided.
Full details of the schedule and registration process are at eggsnsoldiers.com
SLEEP FOR A WEEK – SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Sunday February 10th from 9am
▪ The Importance of Sleep with Dr Rebecca Ferguson, Psychologist at Vivamus
Discussing the facts on why the body needs sleep, the effects of lack of sleep and common sleep problems
▪ Activity: Taster class with The Bright Minds Institute
Monday February 11th from 9am
▪ Safe Sleep with B-Safe, along with Zahirah Marty and Jordana Smith
A balanced view of co-sleeping and how to create a safe sleep environment at each infant/toddler stage, including personal accounts from two working mothers
▪ Activity: Weaning for Better Sleep workshop with Jordana Smith, Dietician at Infinity The Family Medicine Clinic
Tuesday February 12th from 9am
▪ Establishing a Sleep Routine with Cecile de Scally, Lead Parent Educator at Malaak
Focusing on the infant (under one) age group, a discussion on how, when and why to introduce a sleep routine
▪ Activity: Using Essential Oils to Aid Sleep with Elizabeth Bains, Little Feather Doula Collective
Wednesday February 13th from 9am
▪ Time And Touch With Your Baby, with the Malaak team
Learning about the benefits of baby massage, plus an overview of how Malaak Mama & Baby Care can assist you on your parenting journey
▪ Activity: Taster class with Infant Massage Instructor Louise Atkinson, Dou La La
Thursday February 14th from 9am
▪ Sleep Aids with Sofi Chabowski, Founder of Eggs & Soldiers and Dr Kiren Sahota, Family Medicine Consultant at King’s College Hospital London
A look at the products and techniques we know work to help encourage sleep and establish routine
▪ Activity: Malaak’s Mama Morning plus Q&A with Dr Kiren Sahota
Friday February 15th from 9am
▪ Toddler Sleep with Jo Holt, Maternity Manager / Sleep Expert at Malaak
Focusing on the over one age group, discussing the hurdles parents face with changes in routine, toilet training, night terrors, moving from cot to bed and much more
▪ Activity: Mucky Pups taster class with Katie Jane Dubai
Saturday February 16th from 9am
▪ Sleep in Pregnancy with Dr Shikha Saxena, Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Mediclinic Parkview Hospital and UpandRunning Sports Medical Center, Women’s Health Physiotherapy team
Why sleep is so important for expectant mothers, how to sleep safely and correct the pain or sleep disturbance caused by pregnancy
▪ Activity: Prenatal meditation session
All events are free to attend, but attendees must register in advance by calling Malaak on +971 4 328 4019 or emailing: email@example.com.
Image Credit: Malaak Mama & Baby Care
+971 4 328 4019
Malaak Mama & Baby Care, Times Square Center Sheikh Zayed Road