The workshop will consist of a 1-day workshop during Dubai Design Week 2018.
The workshop will involve hands-on drawing and experimentation with various styles and writing techniques. It will introduce the participants to the expressive possibilities of lettering using the Arabic script. The focus will be on creating a word and exploring certain letterforms, a manner of sketching for a potential later extended typeface design project or logotype.
The workshop ends with an informal small exhibition of the lettering results within the space.
Instruction will include for the advanced level the following:
- Historical presentation on Arabic calligraphic and vernacular styles.
- Arabic graphic visual language.
- Arabic lettering techniques.
- Arabic lettering adaptations.
- Participants should have a basic knowledge of the Arabic alphabet.
- Participants will be provided with ink, pens, pencils and paper to draw on.
Instructor: Dr. Huda Smitshuijzen AbiFarès
Date: 16 November 2018
Time: 2 - 8 PM
Capacity: 20 Students
Location: Dubai Design District (d3)
Fees: AED 490.00. Please note that fees are non-refundable.
Image Credit: Tashkeel
Fee: 490 AED
Dubai Design District, 33330 Dubai