Free Weekend Workshop by Speech Perfect
DRAMA & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
AGE GROUP: 6 TO 18 YRS
FRIDAY 15TH MARCH
10:30AM TO 12:30 PM | 03:30PM TO 05:30PM
LOCATION - The Junction
REGISTRATION - Email email@example.com
The workshop will be divided into 1hr of Drama and 1hr of Communication Skills for each batch. During the Drama session participants will have fun exploring:
• Different sounds and voice characterization/modulation (witch, old man/woman, the annoying teacher/principal, etc;)
• Voice exercises – Aaaa-Uuuu-Mmmm. Understanding the 3 different parts of our body that help create sounds.
• Facial expressions and the transition from one to another. Importance of expression through eyes and maintaining eye contact with the audience to keep them engaged.
• Gestures, Movement and Timing. Body Language will be covered as a part of stage presence.
• Importance of expressive vocabulary, diction and articulation.
*All of the above will be applied in the form of games, mimes, improvisation, freeze frames and audience reading.
During the Communication Skills session participants will engage in meaningful conversations and explore:
• The basics of communication – active, passive, assertive and aggressive.
• Active listening concept and audience interaction skills.
• Importance of effective communication across all platforms. How each platform varies and demands a certain skill.
• Persuasive skill – an important factor in our everyday lives.
• Presentation skills – the same is used right from childhood through adulthood.
• Tips on how to memorise a speech without actually memorizing it.
• Body language – a strong component of effective communication.
*All of the above will be introduced through team activities – Ad making, persuading a friend, reporting a news article, presenting an idea or an object.
Image Credit: The Junction
+971 4 3388 525
Alserkal Avenue Street 8, Al Quoz 1, Dubai