Weaving is such a wonderful and therapeutic form of making. This class is ideal for beginners who are interested in learning the basics of weaving on a lap loom.
It's also a huge trend in the crafting world right now and we just can't get enough of it! It's so addictive, as there are so many different ways you can play with texture and color resulting in the creation of your own wall hanging.
During the workshop we will be teaching you how to:
- warp up a loom & most importantly how to get the tension right.
- make tassles to add into your wall hanging and to create a fringe finish.
- various weaving techniques.
- finish off your weave art, taking it off the loom and hanging it onto a wooden dowl for hanging on the wall.
You will be encouraged to experiment with colors and textures using a selection of yarns and roving to create your piece.
Participants will take home one beautifully finished woven wall hanging! Finished size 20x8 (incl. 10 tassels)
- Time: 9:30 am - 1:30 pm (4-hour workshop)
- Price: HKD 550 - Includes all materials
- Limited to 10 spaces
For more details, please feel free to e-mail email@example.com
Image Credit: Make & Do Hong Kong
19 October, 09:30–13:30
26 October, 09:30–13:30
09 November, 09:30–13:30
16 November, 09:30–13:30
23 November, 09:13–13:30
30 November, 09:30–13:30
07 December, 09:30–13:30
14 December, 09:30–13:30.
Fee: 550 HKD (includes all materials)
906, Paramount Building, 12 Ka Yip street