My Intelligent Tutor and Train The Teacher are thrilled to announce the 2022 annual poetry recital competition.
- From the UK for English: Mr Gillow
- From HK for Cantonese: Dr Kwan
- From China for Mandarin: Dr Lu
Memorise and recite 30 secs to 1 minute of a famous poem in English, Cantonese or Mandarin
Practice and record your video
Pay your entry fee of HK$210 and receive upload instructions
Receive your entry certificate by email
What you can win
- First Prize in English HKD 5000
- First Prize in Cantonese HKD 5000
- First Prize in Mandarin HKD 5000
All candidates who submit a video will receive a personal entry certificate. Winners will be announced and contacted August 20th.
How is it judged?
The top ten recitals in English, Cantonese and Mandarin will be judged by renowned academics and writers in the field of language
All poems will be
- between 30 seconds and 1 minute
- by a famous poet
- recited from memory alone
- not a simple rhyme poem
The criteria for judging all poems and the final ten are:
- To what extent does the candidate demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the poem? 10 points
- To what extent does the candidate clearly engage the listener with the language in the poem? 20 points
- To what extent is the candidate's voice and articulation dramatically effective? 30 points
- To what extent is the candidate's body language dramatically appropriate? 10 points
- To what extent is the candidate’s pronunciation of international standard? 10 points
- To what extent does the candidate demonstrate memory of the poem? 20 points
Would you like to get more details, please contact via?
- +852 65322210
- WeChat: AnamCara1
Image Credit: MyIT-tutors
23 June - 20 August, See the website for the opening hours.
Entry Fee: 210 HKD