Skip the city buzz and go on a crossroad to Hong Kong's greenest territory in Lantau Island!
Rake in the new sights and smells of the island's endless mountainous terrains, long sandy stretches of coastline, and the smooth, marbled monuments of Ngong Ping Village. Enrich your west coast trip admiring the stunning views as you soak up the rays of sun shining on the tiny island itself. Make it even more memorable when you join Ngong Ping's “DIY360 Workshop,” which features the “Blooming Tea Workshop!” Be a Lantau local for a day and learn the basics of teamaking, Hong Kong-style! Venture into a more traditional kind of craft as you get to create your own fragrant tea, in its own beautiful right. Pour some hot water in a cup and steep your tea bundle, then see it wonderfully unravel in a lovely blooming flower! Not only is it gorgeous, but it surely tastes good too, just right for an afternoon tea session in between your Lantau walkathon. Complete with round trip rides in the Standard or Crystal Cabin plus free admissions to the Tian Tan Buddha, Po Lin Monastery, and the Wisdom Trail, this tour is worth every penny if you're looking to experience Hong Kong's vibrant local culture!
- Add some creative spice to your Ngong Ping Village trip when you join the Blooming Tea Workshop!
- Select and study tea leaves by using a needle and thread to form tea bundles before steeping in hot water
- Witness how the bundle slowly expands and unfurls into a gorgeous blooming flower
- Enjoy the beauty and aromatic scent of your own tea, perfect for an afternoon delight with your friends
- Saturday-Sunday: 1:30pm
- Saturday-Sunday: 2:45pm
- Minimum Age Requirement: Age 3+
- Please note: Children 3-11 must be accompanied by a person age 15+ to participate in the workshop
- The local guide can speak English, Chinese, and Cantonese
- Important: Customers are to exercise their own judgement on whether their physical conditions allow them to join the activities of the tour and Ngong Ping 360 shall be not be held responsible for the physical conditions of guests
Image Credit: KLOOK
Blooming Tea + Round Trip Standard Cabin: 300 HKD (was HKD 320)
Blooming Tea + Round Trip Crystal Cabin: 360 HKD (was HKD 390)
Li-Nong Tea House, Shop 8, Ngong Ping Village, Hong Kong
How to get there?
- By MTR to Tung Chung station: Take Exit B. The cable car terminal is located adjacent to the station
- By bus to Tung Chung: E11, E21, E23, E31, E32, E33, E34, E41, E42, 1R, S1, 2, 21, and 23