About The Programme
Coached by a professional English TV news anchor, students will be introduced to news reporting and anchoring in English. With the aim of enhancing the confidence and communication skills of participants, the course not only will teach them techniques in news reporting and anchoring, but also provide them with experiential learning opportunities.
Key learning outcomes:
- News Writing Techniques: Understand what news values are and learn the fundamentals of news writing from concepts to scripts for a TV news episode.
- Interviewing Techniques: Learn effective researching skill and hone your interviewing skills both on camera and face-to-face. Understand how to structure an interview and using different questioning techniques.
- Presentation Skills: Learn how to deliver a news story in a clear and easy to understand manner to the audience. Sharpen your verbal communication skills and enhance your confidence in presentation.
- Mode of Teaching: Hybrid-mode teaching (zoom + face-to-face classes)
- Target: secondary 1-4 (ages 12-17)
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Programme Fee: $2,100
- July 17, 2021 | 14:00 - 17:00
- July 24, 2021 | 14:00 - 17:00
- July 31, 2021 | 14:00 - 17:00
- August 7, 2021 | 14:00 - 17:00
- August 14, 2021 | 14:00 - 17:00
MEET OUR TRAINER: Christy Leung
Christy currently works at a global public relations consultancy firm with a focus on reputation, risk, and crisis management. She also provides media training for c-suite executives. With extensive experience in reporting and anchoring, Christy worked for TVB Pearl the English News and Current Affair unit.
Image Credit: The HKFYG Leadership Institute
Progrmme Fee: 2100 HKD
302 Jockey Club Rd Fanling