A spring romance blossoms amid confusion and mistaken identity
For Lunar New Year 2024, Hong Kong’s acclaimed Canto Op troupe present a festive matinee performance of Mistake at the Flower Festival. Written by legendary Cantonese opera librettist Tong Tik-sang, Mistake at the Flower Festival is a romantic comedy with an all chou (comic) cast and a plot full of twists and turns, cross-dressing and mistaken identity.
The production stars Keith Lai Yiu-wai and Vong Seng-pan in a shared leading sheng (male) role, as well as Alan Tam Wing-lun – delighting the audience as a dan (female) character, and showcasing his talent for stiltwalking and singing in a female voice.
Keith Lai Yiu-wai
Alan Tam Wing-lun
Wyborn Leung Wai-hong
Janet Wong Po-huan
- Performed in Cantonese with Chinese and English surtitles
This programme is co-presented by the Xiqu Centre and Canto Op. Canto Op’s Lunar New Year presentations also include The Emperor and Who is the Best Liar?
Image Credit: West Kowloon Cultural District
Ticket from: 220 HKD ($420, $340, $280)
+(852) 2200 0217
West Kowloon Cultural District, Tsim Sha Tsui Kowloon, HK
How to get there?
West Kowloon Cultural District is located at the Yau Tsim Mong District and is bounded by Canton road in the east, the Western Harbour Crossing entrance and Austin Road in the north and Victoria Harbour in the west and south.
Getting here is simple as it is easily accessible by MTR, ferry, bus and road.
- Exit from MTR Kowloon Station Exit E4 or E5, walk through Nga Cheung road and cross the footbridge, you will reach West Kowloon Cultural District within 10 minutes.
- Exit from MTR Austin Station Exit D2, followed by a 20-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District. However, due to road works around Austin Station, we strongly recommend you to choose other routes.
- KMB: Take bus route No. 215X, 261B, 281A or 215P and get off at the Austin Road West bus stops, followed by a 5-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District; for route No. 8, 11, 280X or 203E, get off at the Nga Cheung Road bus stops, followed by a 10-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District.
- Cross harbour bus (via Western Harbour Crossing): Take route No. 904, 905, 914, 930, 934, 935, 948,962B, 962X, 967, 968, 969, 970, 970X, 971or 973 and get off at the toll plaza bus stops of the Western Harbour Crossing, followed by a 5 - minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District.
- Green minibus: Take route No. 77M and get off at Austin Road West, followed by a 5-minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District; for route No. 26 or 74, get off at the Kowloon Station Public Transport Interchange, followed by a 15-minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District via MTR Kowloon Station or Lin Cheung Road.
- There is an hourly-rated carpark at the West Kowloon Cultural District. During the peak periods on weekends and holidays, visitors are suggested to use public transport or park your cars in nearby carparks (Kowloon MTR station or Elements).
- There is a designated drop-off point exclusively for taxies.