The West Kowloon Cultural District sits on a dramatic harbour-front site in the heart of Hong Kong.
The West Kowloon Cultural District will be developed into one of the world’s largest cultural quarters, blending art, education and public space. Major construction of the West Kowloon Cultural District starts in late 2013, but the headland area of the site and the Nursery Park are now open to the public, with events and festivals taking place across the site throughout the year.
Enjoy a stroll around the Nursery Park at the West Kowloon Cultural District and get a taste of the new waterfront park we will be building over the next few years. Get up close to some of the trees that will be in the future park, enjoy the open air, hire a SmartBike and ride along the promenade, bring your pets or a picnic or just lie back on the lawn – this is public space to be enjoyed.
Alongside the open space, there will be regular Freespace Happening events taking place on every 2ndSunday of the month. Each Freespace Happening will bring together street performers, market stalls, music and other specially programmed events giving you a chance to experience what you can expect in the future cultural district and at the Freespace venue that will lie at the heart of the park. Visit the What’s On section for details of upcoming events.
Please, note that part of the West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade will be temporarily closed from 2 July 2016 due to the Art Park construction. Click here for more information.
Image Credit: West Kowloon Cultural District
+(852) 2200 0217
West Kowloon Cultural District, Tsim Sha Tsui Kowloon, HK
How to get there?
West Kowloon Cultural District is located at the Yau Tsim Mong District and is bounded by Canton road in the east, the Western Harbour Crossing entrance and Austin Road in the north and Victoria Harbour in the west and south.
Getting here is simple as it is easily accessible by MTR, ferry, bus and road.
- Exit from MTR Kowloon Station Exit E4 or E5, walk through Nga Cheung road and cross the footbridge, you will reach West Kowloon Cultural District within 10 minutes.
- Exit from MTR Austin Station Exit D2, followed by a 20-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District. However, due to road works around Austin Station, we strongly recommend you to choose other routes.
- KMB: Take bus route No. 215X, 261B, 281A or 215P and get off at the Austin Road West bus stops, followed by a 5-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District; for route No. 8, 11, 280X or 203E, get off at the Nga Cheung Road bus stops, followed by a 10-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District.
- Cross harbour bus (via Western Harbour Crossing): Take route No. 904, 905, 914, 930, 934, 935, 948,962B, 962X, 967, 968, 969, 970, 970X, 971or 973 and get off at the toll plaza bus stops of the Western Harbour Crossing, followed by a 5 - minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District.
- Green minibus: Take route No. 77M and get off at Austin Road West, followed by a 5-minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District; for route No. 26 or 74, get off at the Kowloon Station Public Transport Interchange, followed by a 15-minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District via MTR Kowloon Station or Lin Cheung Road.
- There is an hourly-rated carpark at the West Kowloon Cultural District. During the peak periods on weekends and holidays, visitors are suggested to use public transport or park your cars in nearby carparks (Kowloon MTR station or Elements).
- There is a designated drop-off point exclusively for taxies.