Children connect with nature by discovering animals and the natural environment at Ocean Park.
Different sensory stimulation activities help build their confidence and cognitive development. Through art activities, children are encouraged to make use of what they have learnt, and express their thoughts. Once a month, a “messy play” activity is held to enhance their sensory experience and improve their hand-eye coordination. It’s fun!
- Enhance Cognitive Development:
A variety of sensory activities aid children’ cognitive development
- Build Confidence:
Encourages them to step out of their comfort zone and build confidence
- Consolidate Learning:
Art activities help children make use of what they have learnt during their nature exploration and demonstrate their learning creatively by making art
- Develop School readiness:
A snack break is provided for the Sprout Playgroup. Children will learn about distributing food and tidying up after themselves, which enhances their awareness of self-care and communication with others
- Starts from October 2017
- 3-5 classes per month
- Monday to Thursday (Children attend class once a week)
Class Duration: 90 min
Capacity: 14 per class
Tutor to Participant Ratio: 1:7
- English course supplemented by Cantonese.
- The course will be taught by a native English speaking instructor. Some activities will be led by experienced local instructors.
Class Rundown Sample
- 30 min: Nature exploration
Animal feeding/ demonstration / observation, nature observation
- 15 min: Circle time
Class greeting/ singing/ learning recap & introduction for the following parts
- 30 min: Art creation/ Sensory Play/ Messy Play
Art & craft/ coloring/ drawing/ sensory with different materials
Class scale messy play with an art creation on a big cloth/paper/board
- 15 min: Snack & social time & Say goodbye
Credit: Image of Ocean Park Hong Kong
Original Price: 1400 HKD
Early bird discount for non-SmartFun Annual Pass members: 1288 HKD (before Oct 10)
SmartFun Members: 1260 HKD
+(852) 3923 2323
Ocean Park, Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong Island
How to get there?
- By bus (both local and cross-boundary buses are available). Just get off the bus after going through the Aberdeen Tunnel and it's a short walk to the Park
- The Citybus Route 629 runs daily from Central Star Ferry (every 20-60min)
- By MTR: Ocean Park Station on South Island Line
- By car or coach (parking facilities available)