WE Dance returns to the Nursery Park! Wide range of exciting dance forms for you to enjoy
Taking place every second Sunday of the month at Freespace Happening, WE Dance is an exciting participatory dance programme that invites you to join fun dance activities in a natural outdoor environment – relaxing both your body and your mind!
In January, join tutors from the Hong Kong Dance Federation (HKDF) and learn simple western folk dance steps that will take you on an intercultural dance parade around the Nursery Park! If you miss the pre-parade workshops, there’s no need to worry – the steps are easy to learn and the HKDF dancers will be on hand to help you jump in and join the dance any time.
The Hong Kong Dance Federation (HKDF) is a non-profit organisation established in 1978 by Pearl Chan, Stephen Kwok, Helen Lai, Lau Siu-ming, Ng Sai-fun, Cheng Ya-ching and Wong Ngai-yum, to promote the art of dance and dance development in Hong Kong.
HKDF provides dance education and examinations, productions, outreach activities, publications and commissioned events. By developing dance programmes that benefit the community, liaising with local and international dance professionals to improve the overall artistic level of performance, and enriching cultural activities in the community, the organisation successfully engages a wide range of teachers, students, performers and audiences.
The season comes to a spectacular close in February 2018 with a five-hour non-stop WE Dance Finale that everyone is invited to be part of!
Keep up to date with the monthly line-up – and get ready to dance!
Venue: Nursery Park, West Kowloon
Credit: image of West Kowloon Cultural District
+(852) 2200 0217
West Kowloon Cultural District, Tsim Sha Tsui Kowloon, HK
How to get there?
West Kowloon Cultural District is located at the Yau Tsim Mong District and is bounded by Canton road in the east, the Western Harbour Crossing entrance and Austin Road in the north and Victoria Harbour in the west and south.
Getting here is simple as it is easily accessible by MTR, ferry, bus and road.
- Exit from MTR Kowloon Station Exit E4 or E5, walk through Nga Cheung road and cross the footbridge, you will reach West Kowloon Cultural District within 10 minutes.
- Exit from MTR Austin Station Exit D2, followed by a 20-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District. However, due to road works around Austin Station, we strongly recommend you to choose other routes.
- KMB: Take bus route No. 215X, 261B, 281A or 215P and get off at the Austin Road West bus stops, followed by a 5-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District; for route No. 8, 11, 280X or 203E, get off at the Nga Cheung Road bus stops, followed by a 10-minute walk to the West Kowloon Cultural District.
- Cross harbour bus (via Western Harbour Crossing): Take route No. 904, 905, 914, 930, 934, 935, 948,962B, 962X, 967, 968, 969, 970, 970X, 971or 973 and get off at the toll plaza bus stops of the Western Harbour Crossing, followed by a 5 - minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District.
- Green minibus: Take route No. 77M and get off at Austin Road West, followed by a 5-minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District; for route No. 26 or 74, get off at the Kowloon Station Public Transport Interchange, followed by a 15-minute walk to reach the West Kowloon Cultural District via MTR Kowloon Station or Lin Cheung Road.
- There is an hourly-rated carpark at the West Kowloon Cultural District. During the peak periods on weekends and holidays, visitors are suggested to use public transport or park your cars in nearby carparks (Kowloon MTR station or Elements).
- There is a designated drop-off point exclusively for taxies.