Foodtastic Travel Series is a spin-off from our successful run of Foodtastic!
We'll be showing you episodes of online cooking and baking classes featuring chefs where they will be demonstrating the dishes relating to the different destinations, streamed LIVE on SAFRA Punggol's Facebook Page!
Hosted by 88.3Jia DJ Jia Ming, Chef Suh from Chelabela.kfoods will be demonstrating how to create Kimchi Fried Rice, Kimchi Pancake and Fried Fish Cake!
Kimchi Fried Rice Ingredients
- Cooking Oil
- 200g Leek
- 2 Spam Ham
- 400g Kimchi
- Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- 2 servings of rice
- 2 eggs Soya sauce (optional)
- Heat up the oil, once hot add in the leek and fry till fragrant.
- Chop the ham and add it to the pan.
- Add in the kimchi, if the kimchi is sour, add some sugar and fry all the ingredients till the kimchi is cooked.
- Add in the rice after you have turned off the fire.
- Mix well.
- Turn on the fire again and add in some sesame oil.
- Fry the rice over medium heat, add soy sauce for taste.
- Top with a fried egg.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Kimchi Pancake Ingredients
- 3 Large spoonfuls of kimchi
- 1 square of tofu
- 1 egg
- Korean chilli powder
- Flour / Potato Starch / Tapioca Starch
- Squeeze the water out of your tofu using a cheesecloth.
- Mash the tofu into fine pieces and add it into the kimchi and mix well
- Add some kimchi sauce and chilli powder till it’s red.
- Beat in an egg and add in the starch till it’s thick.
- Fry the batter, flipping it regularly.
Fried Fishcake Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 180g Korean Fish Cake
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Syrup
- ½ Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- ½ Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- Cut Fish cake into squares
- Heat up the oil and fry the minced garlic till fragrant
- Toss in the fish cakes, and add soy sauce, corn syrup and oyster sauce
- You can add leek for more flavour.
- Serve hot or cold
Image Credit: SAFRA
+65 6585 8718