- LEGO Mindstorms EV3
- Three levels ( 3 hours each)
- Class size of maximum 6
- No pre-requisite or materials required
- Training materials and equipment provided
Theme: “Colour” Me!
Level 1 is an introductory course using Lego Mindstorms EV3. Kids will be able to identify the parts in Lego Mindstorms EV3.
- Introduction to Lego Mindstorm EV3
- Introduction to Sensors (touch and colour sensors)
- Build a basic robot
Theme: Claw Machine
Level 2 is an introductory course to allow the kids to recognise the different usage of the motors.
- Using a 3rd motor to construct a grabber and launcher!
Theme: Future meets Robotics
Level 3 will allow the kids to put work together as a team to strategize and complete the tasks given!
- Construct a 3rd motor shooter
- Using wireless remote device to control the robot
Level 1 is an introductory course in Lego Mindstorms EV3. Kids will be learning basic programming to control their robot.
- Essential construction techniques
- Build a robot
- GUI of Lego Mindstorms EV3
- Different blocks to control movement of robot
- Abstraction: how to relate current learning to real life applications and situations
- Ability to recognise patterns
- Decomposition: to break down programming problems into manageable parts
Level 2 is about programming different sensors and understanding the applications of it in our real world.
- Using different sensors for different application
- Learning how to measure sensor values through experimental methods
- Incorporate conditional logic coding concepts with usage of sensors
- Abstraction: appreciate and understand how the things around us “sense”
- 2Designing the algorithm in an efficient manner
Level 3 will use a line follower program to complete a construction mission with the different blocks program taught.
- 3rd motor for construction mission
- Integration of robot components and attachments
- Introduction to switch block
- Using what they have learn in level 1 and 2, they will program to complete a mission in Level 3.
- Focus on how to troubleshoot effectively through timed missions
- Design Thinking: ideate and brainstorm the possible solutions for the problems on hand
- Computational Thinking: combining logic, abstraction, decomposition and algorithm design
Level 1 will explore advanced line follower program to improve the consistency and efficiency in the robot’s movements.
- Introduce Variables, Math Block and Date Wires
Level 2 will emphasise on problem-solving skill by expanding on basic construction techniques learnt to complete missions.
- New robot design
- Advanced construction techniques
- Troubleshooting methods
- Completing missions under time limit
Level 3 will require the kids to apply their acquired knowledge to complete a theme-based mini project.
- Prototyping ideas
- Brings context to coding in real-life applications
Image Credit: Code.JAM
+65 9272 8689
+65 9191 2089
Ark @ Gambas 7 Gambas Crescent #08-39, Singapore 757087