This holiday camp empowers students through teaching them problem-solving using technology to build mobile apps.
From introducing fundamental computer science concepts, applying Design Thinking process to utilizing App Inventor as a language, we guide students to apply problem-solving skills to their daily lives. Adapting a curriculum used in Silicon Valley, we cover user-centric design and mobile app development. Students receive personal guidance from our professional trained instructors in thinking through algorithms, decomposing problems and formulating multiple solutions.
Introduction to Computer Programming
- Introduction to computer programming, algorithms and basic logic controls.
- Creating their first app and familiarizing with App Inventor.
- Hands-on: Setting up their computer environment, creating their first app and packaging it.
Basic App Development
- Introduction to key programming structurs, including variables, conditionals and procedures.
- Familiarizing with interactive App Inventor components such as sensors and medias.
Design Thinking and Hands on App Creation
- Defining and ideating their individual project through brainstorming workshops.
- Creating prototype and testing it against users for usability and iteration.
- Individual meetings with instructor to plan out their app and project timeline.
- Hands-on: Guided brainstorming in small groups, sketching or modeling prototype.
- Creating their individual project using App Inventor and performing continuous testing.
- Presenting the app to the rest of class.
What to bring:
- A laptop (PC/Mac) with charger.
- A Gmail account to access and save App Inventor projects.
- An Android phone (optional).
- A mindset to create and experiment.
Image Credit: First Code Academy
Fee: 550 SGD
+65 6820 2633
City Hall #04-13, Stamford Court, 61 Stamford Road, Singapore 178892
How to get there?
Mtr Exit: click here
Carpark: click here