This June, Children's Special at the National Museum celebrates the launch of our special publication for families, Get Curious! – The Official Interactive Guide to the National Museum of Singapore.
Explore our permanent galleries as a family with this book, and discover the exciting stories of highlighted artefacts through themes such as Animals, Colours, Shapes, Transport and Values.
Visit our basement level to discover magical story worlds of the land, sea and forest, play on bouncy castles, discover toys of the past and share stories of what’s in your world. Join fun programmes such as character tours, Young Cinema screenings, and engaging workshops where you can create your own wind-up toys and artworks. Get curious – What interesting stories will you find at the museum?
Get Curious! – The Official Interactive Guide to the National Museum of Singapore
Explore the galleries as a family using our specially-developed publication, featuring lots of fun and interactive activities. Readers can also participate in our “What’s your toy story?” campaign, and stand a chance to have your treasured toy displayed in our Growing Up gallery!
Get Curious! is available at the Canyon (Basement level) and the Museum Label Shop (Level 1) at a special price of $18 per copy for the month of June (U.P. $24.90). Click here for more information on the “What’s your toy story?” campaign (only Family Guide readers are eligible to participate).
Discover stories of Singapore – from the land and sea, to the forest and you and me!
- Stories of the Land: Piece together a huge jigsaw puzzle of Singapore 163 years ago!
- Stories of the Sea: Mend broken pieces of pottery once traded in Singapore, and weigh yourself against an anchor from a sunken wartime troopship!
- Forest Playground: Play on bouncy castles shaped like birds of the Malayan rainforest. Toddlers can also explore our special sensory play tents!
- Stories of You & Me: Take a closer look at toys from the past and compare them to popular toys of today. Bring along a treasured item from home and take a photo of it at our photo booth – share with us why it is special to you and find out what items are special to others!
Enjoy a month of family fun, with specially designed programmes for you to get curious about
- Plant & Animals
- Treasured items and Food!
Image Credit: National Museum of Singapore
20–23 June, 10:00–19:00
27–30 June, 10:00–19:00.
+65 6332 3659
93 Stamford Road Bras Basah, South S178897
How to get there?
Bras Basah MRT Station (5-minute walk)
Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station (5-minute walk)
City Hall MRT Station (10-minute walk)