Whip up a delicious tomato bruschetta starter with us, using a few common ingredients in your pantry!
Then use the remaining tomato slices to grow your very own tomato plant. We’ll show you how, when you join us for this dynamic and interactive session as we taste, explore and grow tomatoes. See you there!
Materials to prepare:
- 2 Medium sized tomatoes (yummier if chilled)
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 Pinches of salt
- ¼ clove of garlic minced
- (Optional) 3-5 leaves of basil
- 2 Slices of Toast / Baguette
- Tools: Butter knife, chopping board, bowl, tablespoon
- Small pot with soil (3/4 full)
- 1 Tomato (medium size)
- 2 small handfuls of soil
- Spray bottle with water
- (Optional): Newspaper at the bottom
Image Credit: National Parks