The Story Stream is an exciting and diverse library of age-appropriate and content-themed stories told by a collective of seven Singaporean storytellers.
Most of the stories are traditional folktales - what are often called 'wisdom' or 'value' tales - and the majority are of Asian origin. They are entertaining, but they also 'teach' in a very memorable way. The stories range in length from 5 - 20 minutes, so they are convenient and impactful. All of us in the Story Stream team are tellers with considerable experience, including performances at international festivals. Telling direct to camera has its own rewards - not least the intimacy of telling conversationally, and being able to share our expressions (plus any props or puppets when we use them) in clear close-up.
You can now enjoy a series of free to view bi-lingual stories suited to primary-age children at
The other videos in the/catalogue are on a pay-per-view basis. Every video has a free 60-second trailer, or you can click on the SEE FULL VIDEO button to enjoy the full video. You have the option to:
- Enter a passcode if you have it
- or purchase a pack of views. The packs range in size from 11, 25 or 55 views. Click on MORE INFO on each package icon for the full details. You can use Pay Now (via the Hitpay gateway option) - our preferred payment method for Singapore-based viewers, or via Paypal/Credit Card/. You will receive your passcode upon confirmation of payment, enabling you to view any video in the catalogue almost instantly.
Your HOME VIEW PASS comes in packs of
- MAY STORY SAMPLER: 11 views – pass valid 30 days*– 90cts per view
- MAY STORY FAN: 25 views – valid for 60 days* – 80cts per view
- MAY STORY LOVER: 55 views - valid for 100 days* – 70cts per view
(*redemption of all views or expiry date, whichever comes first.)
Images Credit: Roger Jenkins Storyteller