The Foodtastic Travel Series is a spin-off from our successful run of Foodtastic!
We'll be showing you episodes of online cooking and baking classes featuring chefs demonstrating dishes relating to the different destinations, streamed LIVE on SAFRA Punggol's Facebook Page!
Hosted by 88.3Jia DJ Jia Ming, Chef Danial Khalis Bin Aziz will be demonstrating how to make Naan & Butter Chicken!
- Measuring spoons
- Various sizes of mixing bowls
- Frying pan or flat base pan to cook naans
- Blow torch
- Rolling pin
- Silicon mat
Ingredients for Part A:
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- ¼ spoon Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Melted Butter/Oil
Ingredients for Part B:
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp Active Yeast
- Mix Part B and allow yeast to be activated.
- Mix Part A and combine Part A and B to form a dough after yeast is activated. Add water gradually till you form a nice dough. Allow dough to rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Roll out small balls, flatten with rolling pin and cook using a flat pan.
- Blow torch the top of naan for a charred effect.
Butter Chicken (serves 4 - 5 people)
- Frying pan to pan fry chicken
- Pot to cook the sauce
- Chopping board
- Hand blender
Ingredients for the chicken:
- 300 g Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp Blended Garlic
- 1 tsp Blended Ginger
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to pan fry
Ingredients for the gravy:
- 500 g sliced Tomatoes
- 100 g sliced Onions
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 50 g Cashew
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Cream
- 1.5 tbsp Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with blended ginger & garlic, red chili powder and salt and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a pan, heat up some oil and fry the marinated chicken pieces. Place chicken pieces into a bowl once completed.
- In the same pan, add onion, oil and a spoonful of butter. Once the onions are cooked, add tomatoes and cashew nuts.
- Add some water, garlic paste, salt, vinegar, sugar, garam masala powder, and chili powder. Mix evenly and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Churn the mixture into a fine puree.
- Strain puree back into the same pan.
- Add butter, cream, chicken and kasoori meethi and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Image Credit: SAFRA
+65 6585 8718