The road to the Emerald City in the timeless tale of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is paved in yellow – and in the “Sunflower Surprise” floral display, this is creatively reinterpreted as a profusion of sunflowers.
Amidst more than 10,000 sunflowers of various shapes and sizes, heroine Dorothy and her faithful dog Toto find their way to the Wizard’s castle. Along the way, the pair meet allies-turned-loyal friends Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion. Enhancing the fantastical elements of this enduring story of friendship are unusual sunflower varieties such as the fluffy 'Teddy Bear' and the enormous 'Uniflorus Giganteus', which has blooms as large as a human's face.
Pick up a Sunflower Surprise Garden Trail for more interesting information or join for daily “ASK Me!” tours by friendly Display Interpreters as they share fascinating botanical facts and anecdotes about the floral display.
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug – Sun, 21 Oct 2018
- Time: 11.00am and 3.00pm daily (2.00pm – 5.00pm on 8, 9, 22, 23 Sept and 6, 7, 20, 21 Oct)
- Location: Flower Dome
- Guided tours are free, but admission charge to the Flower Dome applies.
- Tours last approximately 15 minutes and are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- To participate, gather at the “ASK Me!” poster near the Flower Field. Tour will begin when a group of five or more visitors is assembled.
- Tours will not be conducted on Flower Dome closure dates.
Fondant Painting Workshop
Follow the yellow trail of bright sunflowers at inaugural sunflower floral display, and be inspired to create your very own cupcake decorations! Join on a guided tour of Sunflower Surprise to learn more about this ever-popular flowering plant. Then, learn to paint these cheery blooms using edible paints on fondant cupcake toppers and bring home 6 gardenesque cupcakes to enjoy!
Conducted by Grá Baking Academy, a school which loves cakes, cake decorating, sharing their knowledge and meeting people.
- Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018
- Time: 2.00pm - 5.00pm
- Venue: Cannonball Room (Supertree Grove)
- $75/pax (Friends of the Gardens members)
- $95/pax (Public)
Registration closes on 30 Aug 2018.
Workshop is suitable for participants aged 9 years old and above.
Image Credit: Gardens By The Bay
Singapore Resident1 Rate - One Conservatory Adult: 12 SGD
Singapore Resident1 Rate - One Conservatory Senior Citizen (≥60 years old): 8 SGD
Singapore Resident1 Rate - One Conservatory Child (3-12 years old): 8 SGD
Singapore Resident1 Rate - Two Conservatories Adult: 20 SGD
Singapore Resident1 Rate - Two Conservatories Senior Citizen (≥60 years old): 15 SGD
Singapore Resident1 Rate - Two Conservatories Child (3-12 years old): 12 SGD
Standard Rate - Two Conservatories Adult/Senior: 28 SGD
Standard Rate - Two Conservatories Child (3-12 years old): 15 SGD
+65 6420 6848
18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 01895