Race Against Time - Science Behind a Botanic Garden Tour
This 45-minute tour presents the research facilities at the Singapore Botanic Gardens such as the Library of Botany & Horticulture, Orchid & Micropropagation laboratory and the Herbarium.
Highlights of this session comprise a visit to the Herbarium which showcases physical records of reference plant materials that dating back to 1790. What's more, visitors will have a great chance to learn about our hybridization programme for orchids, a process introduced back in 1930’s by the then Director, R.E Holttum.
Registration is required at the counter 15-minutes before the scheduled start time.
Attendance number is limited to 25 people, for ages 9 and above.
Credit: image of National Parks
28 December, 10:00–11:00.
+65 6471 7138
+65 6471 7361
+65 6471 9937
1 Cluny Road, Singapore 259569
How to get there?
By bus alighting at Napier/Holland Road (Tanglin Gate)
- SBS Transit 7, 105, 123, 174,174e
- SMRT 75, 77, 106, NR8
- Nearest MRT Station : Orchard MRT (North-South Line) and a 5-min bus ride to Tanglin Gate
By bus alighting at Bukit Timah/Dunearn Road (Bukit Timah Gate or Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden)
- SBS Transit 48, 66, 151, 153, 154, 156, 170
- SMRT 67, 171
- Nearest MRT Station : Botanic Gardens MRT Station (Circle Line & Downtown Line)
There are taxi drop-off/pick-up points at the following major entrances:
- Botany Centre, Tanglin Gate (via junction of Holland/Napier Road)