Come and join us in this concert as they bring you through the classics of Javanese gamelan with a thematic melody that features the flowers, gardens, and the natural world.
Taman Soka takes its name from the heavenly garden constructed by Ravana in the Ramayana to house Sita after capturing her. Singa Nglaras means “relaxing lion” (the word “nglaras” means both to “relax” and “to harmonize, tune”). Founded in 2004 by Dr Jan Mrazek of the Department of Southeast Asian Studies at the National University of Singapore (NUS), the ensemble have been bringing together musicians and enthusiasts of Javanese gamelan through public performances.
Concert subject to prevailing weather conditions.
Concert-goers are advised to take public transport.
Image Credit: National Parks
+65 6471 7138
+65 6471 7361
+65 6471 9937
1 Cluny Road, Singapore 259569
How to get there?
By bus alighting at Napier/Holland Road (Tanglin Gate)
- SBS Transit 7, 105, 123, 174,174e
- SMRT 75, 77, 106, NR8
- Nearest MRT Station : Orchard MRT (North-South Line) and a 5-min bus ride to Tanglin Gate
By bus alighting at Bukit Timah/Dunearn Road (Bukit Timah Gate or Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden)
- SBS Transit 48, 66, 151, 153, 154, 156, 170
- SMRT 67, 171
- Nearest MRT Station : Botanic Gardens MRT Station (Circle Line & Downtown Line)
There are taxi drop-off/pick-up points at the following major entrances:
- Botany Centre, Tanglin Gate (via junction of Holland/Napier Road)