KidsSTOP™ is the first children’s science centre in Singapore, catering to children aged 18 months to 8 years.
With themed exhibition zones, hands-on activities and exciting enrichment programmes, it is a facility where young children can learn about science and the world around them through purposeful play.
The exhibition gallery has four interactive zones: each zone designed to engage your child’s imagination and creativity, while encouraging hands-on learning.
- The Imagine Zone - Imagination fuels the creative growth of children. The Imagine Zone gives shape and form to their most creative ideas and lets them play in a variety of fun settings.
- The Experience Zone - Experiencing the wonders of nature first-hand is an incredible way to learn about Mother Earth. The Experience Zone is where your little ones interact with plants and animals and learn about nature in a safe environment.
- The Discover Zone - Curiosity is second nature to children. The Discover Zone engages the inquiring minds of children and helps them discover hidden secrets about their immediate surroundings, and the world at large.
- The Dream Zone - To balance the real-world experiences of the other galleries, the Dream Gallery offers fantastical sights, sounds and activities for your child to enjoy. To put it quite simply, dream on.
They often provide with varieties of enrichment programmes to make learning a fun-filled process.
The three different types of enrichment programmes are:
- School Programmes - Story-telling, role-play, puppetry, outdoor-play, music, hands-on Science activities and demonstrations are highlights of this programme. Different programmes are designed for Pre-Nursery/Nursery, K1/K2 and P1/P2 kids.
- Visitor’s Programme - Character guided trail and Tinkering Workshop are some of the other fun programmes to register for.
- Lego Education Workshop - Lego education workshops are based on a specially designed curriculum which are packed with fun and excitement.
Credit: image of KidsSTOP, by Science Centre Singapore
+65 6425 2500
21 Jurong Town Hall Road, Singapore 609433
How to get there?
Buses 66, 178, 198 and 335 stop right outside the Science Centre. Other buses serving nearby bus stops include 51, 52, 78, 79, 97, 97e, 98, 98M, 105, 143, 160, 176, 183, 197, 333, 334, 506, 542, and 543.
By MRT train
The nearest MRT station is Jurong East Station, which is on both the East-West Line and the North-South Line. From there, you can transfer to bus 66 or 335, or take a short walk to the Science Centre. KidsSTOP is located next to Science Centre.
Walking from Jurong East Interchange
KidsSTOP is just an 8-minute walk from the Jurong East Bus Interchange/MRT Station:
- Take the covered walkway from the interchange towards Jurong East St 13.
- Cross the street and continue in the same direction, along Block 135.
- Keep going in the same direction until you reach a road intersection.
- KidsSTOP is located next to Science Centre building which is diagonally accross that intersection.